We tend to have a little more than the average amount of "guest traffic". So, I have an extra set of kitchen throw rugs reserved for "guest appearances" only.
I fished them out of storage yesterday for our little lingerie shower and plan to leave them in place until the last wedding guest has departed.
THIS WEEK! The wedding takes place just five short days from this one. FIVE DAYS! (If I were intrigued with math, I'd take time to compute the hours for you. But no time. Smile.)
Along with the regular morning routine, I've already:
- Checked the weather forecast for Saturday - promising.
- Scanned the response list.
- Adjusted scheduling.
- Confirmed travel arrangements.
- Rehearsed the calendar with Frank.
Steve, Becky and Sarah arrive this evening. I take comfort in knowing that the one other woman in this world who also wants to see Saturday come off without a hitch as much as I do, will be joining me shortly. We may only be able to stand in some corner comforting each other but at least we'll have each other! Smile.
Rest assured that her blog site: smithellanaeous will have copious quantities of colorful pictures. (Needed a "Q" word there but couldn't think of one quickly enough.)
Lots to be done.
But the bottom line is this:
- In five short days, our baby girl will marry the man she has prayed for over five years.
- We will celebrate and express gratitude to God for His perfect timing and His wonderful plans.
- Mr. and Mrs. Smith will drive away from the reception on Saturday knowing that people are praying for them.
- We'll trust for a life of fulfillment as they continue to allow the Heavenly Father to order their footsteps.
- Family and friends will drive away with a renewed appreciation for God's work in all our lives and the beauty of marriage as He designed it.