Let it be known that at 9:35 PM; the tenth day of October; in the year of our Lord 2013,
one NOAH JACKSEN SMYTHE (I mean Smith)
Did finally arrive on this earth for the express purpose of bringing pleasure and joy to the grandparents - Smith and Hawley (therefore dubbed "Smalley" by Grandpa Smith)!
And so far, he's doing a splendid job! (Of bringing pleasure and joy, that is.)
Let me answer a few immediate questions:
- 7 pounds 12 ounces
- 19 inches in length
- Natural delivery (the doctor rushed in to catch him.)
- Perfectly healthy.
- He looks mostly like Nathan; incredibly blond hair.
- He has Meagan's exquisite lips.
- Yes, that's 11 days before his due date.
- No, we did not have prior warning.
- No, the Smiths weren't here.
- Yes, they have all now arrived; driving 15 hours.
- Yes, Meagan did teach the entire day of his birth.
- No, Nathan did not miss one minute.
- Yes, we took over the waiting area for an impromptu prayer mtg/ party.
- No, we could not possibly be more delighted!
But for all the women in the audience who prefer squeezing every detail from every moment of life - the bullet point list will NEVER do!
I do have stories just aching to be told. But they will have to start tomorrow. Right now, we're headed to the Smith home for dinner.
- Yes, John will be cooking.
- No, we won't stay very long.
- Yes, Becky and I will share nicely.
- No, I can't imagine life being any better than this!
Congratulations to you all what an incredible blessing ��ReplyDelete
Thanks, Nancy! You're so right!Delete
Congratulations! I'm so happy for all of your with your new little Winston Churchill look-alike!ReplyDelete
Thanks, Jan! We couldn't be more thankful!Delete
So very blessed. BeckyReplyDelete
Amen. Amen to that!Delete
Congratulations!! I saw the pictures on Becky's site and Sir Noah is absolutely adorable and I LOVE. THAT. HAIR!!! :)ReplyDelete
The hair catches everyone off guard, LeeAnne. We are so thankful and pleased!Delete
Congratulations on the arrival of another beautiful grandbaby! I am loving his pictures and the accounts written by the grandmas. And the bulleted list was great! :-)ReplyDelete
LOL Glad you enjoyed it, Aunt Debbie. I know Meg and Nate look forward to you meeting Noah.Delete