Cody (our third son-in-law) has worked all month to get Embrace the Grace back up and running. He finally said this should get me back on line, just not under sherihawley.com.
So, my hope is that I haven't lost my opportunity to connect with you through blogging. There's been a real void for me these past thirty days. (I started to say what the problem was but in reality, I didn't understand it enough to offer an explanation.)
What I do know is this - there's been a lot of important life I've had to let rush past without so much as a "Look what happened..." to the Embrace the Grace family. Here's a quick list of a few:
- Frank's 60th Birthday!
- I spent the six days leading up to his actual birthday providing a "decade specific" gift. (The first gift was a slinky, candy and tennis shoes.) The best part, he said, was the card I wrote for each decade.
- Spencer's 6th Birthday!
- He requested a superhero party; we gladly worked with his parents to make it happen. He and Papa celebrated together as Spider Man (Spence) and Captain America (Papa).
- A fun wedding at church.
- A conference with GREAT speakers who made me laugh, cry and ponder.
- Our 2017 Missions Week
- A Fabulous birthday surprise for Kristin.
- Her precious husband started planning almost six months ahead just because he wanted her to experience a surprise. He was royally successful!
- A Terrible disappointment due to the flu. (This one merits its own post!)
- A marvelous visit from my dear friend of over thirty years. She just needed to come sit on my porch for a couple of days; I gladly sat with her.
So here's the deal, if you were able to access this post I need to hear from you. Perhaps it would be more effective to quote Abby Grace the four year old, "PUH-LEEZE! Hope the gurhl!"
I look forward to seeing your comments. It really would help this girl.